Thanks to all of you who attended the workshops. As promised I have put together all of the resources that were mentioned in the trainings in one area. These are listed elsewhere on the site but I thought it would be nice to organize them into one place. Scroll down the page for the list of all the resources and please post a comment or email me if you have any questions.
- The Unified Chart of Accounts (UCOA) and Key Word Index – The UCOA (pronounced yoo-KOH-uh) is an activity-based accounting system that incorporates the reporting requirements of many institutional funders and can be tailored to each nonprofit’s changing needs and existing system. The UCOA is designed to allow nonprofits to add as many reporting requirements as necessary while still allowing you to use just one system for accounting and reporting. Click here for more information.
- The payment requisition form mentioned in the workshop.
- Time-sheet and cost allocation samples – click here if you would like to download the excel worksheets to play with.
- Joint Costs – When you send out something that is both educational AND a solicitation for funds you run the risk of having the total cost of the activity listed as fundraising and not program unless you meet certain criteria. This article will help guide you through the process.
- The 2004 Nonprofit Integrity Act, SB 1264 – For all the details please see the overview of 2004’s Nonprofit Integrity Act (pdf), and go here and here.
- Pub. 1771, Charitable Contributions Guidelines for Donors (PDF)
- An article on Cost Allocation I mentioned.
- IRS & 990 – All of the IRS and updated Form 990 resources are here, take your pick!
- Information on putting together an operations manual or financial policies can be found here.
- Budgeting and other Financial Management resources are on this page.
- How to create a financial policy manual and financial management plan.
- Other resources including the donation and auction item journal entry guidance and fraud prevention articles can be found in the General Resource page
For those who missed the presentation handout or want another copy I have the most recent events on Not-for-Profit Accounting Groups page. Please click to get them and feel free to join the group and start some discussions. If you don’t see them there contact me and I will make sure to upload them.